The Azzurri Group is a market leader in the Italian casual dining sector, operating ASK Italian, Zizzi, Coco di Mama and Radio Alice. The Group employs nearly 7,000 people, serving over 15 million meals a year in our growing estate of over 275 restaurants and shops.
Azzurri’s brands are highly complementary, appealing to a broad customer base and lending themselves to different occasions. Both ASK Italian and Zizzi offer a memorable dining experience and great value for money.
The Azzurri Group further strengthened its estate through the acquisition of Coco di Mama, one of London’s fastest growing quick service food brands, offering a range of quality hot and cold Italian grab and go food.
In the 53 weeks to July 2017, Azzurri reported a 12.5% increase in sales to £263m with an adjusted EBITDA of £38m. LFL sales growth has been achieved for five consecutive years.
Purpose of the Role:
At Azzurri, our HR teams are at the heart of what we do, helping us shape and deliver our ambitious plans for the future through cultivating only the best talent in our business.
Enjoying lots of variety, you’ll support our central teams and develop your skills in a range of different HR areas. Through excellent training and a supportive environment, you will learn how to coordinate all aspects of recruitment. Furthermore, you will support the Group HR Manager in broader HR processes and projects, including the maintenance of administration records. Finally, you will also assist with day to day HR for Radio Alice, the newest member of the Azzurri family.
It all adds up to an exciting and stimulating way to launch your career in HR. With a team that is uncompromising and committed to providing an engaging, fun and honest workplace.
Alongside the role, you can continue your learning journey and gain tangible evidence of your experience with Azzurri. Through an HR apprenticeship programme, we will sponsor you to complete your Level 3 CIPD qualification whilst earning a competitive salary over the course of 2 years.
Key aspects of your role will include:
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Draft job descriptions and advertisements for active roles in conjunction with the line
- Advertise and monitor active roles
- Coordinating the recruitment process, by creating shortlists for line manager to review and organising invitations to the interview/assessment process
- Preparation and issuing of new employment offer letters and contracts for the company
- Ownership of the new starter on-boarding and induction process, whilst also ensuring all necessary new joiner documentation is compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Process new starters and leavers for the relevant benefits scheme, including processing any payroll changes
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of employee benefits within the HR system
- To provide up to date reports of benefits for pay reviews, bonus, and annual renewals
- Responsible for inputting and submitting monthly payroll data, and collating any ad-hoc monthly changes for processing
- Timely processing and submission of monthly payroll report, including support with quality monitoring and final checks
- Liaising with payroll regarding any queries
Wider HR duties
- Supporting Radio Alice with all HR related queries
- Ensure the HR system is up to date and accurate through maintaining employee records
- Providing ad hoc reports
- Administration relating to contracts, induction and probation reviews
- Support with any employee relations matters
Experience, Skills & behaviours
- Proactive, able to work autonomously and by your own initiative
- Flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Professional and approachable manner whilst maintaining high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Committed team player, who shares good ideas and best practice
- Graduate calibre preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Bonus 10%
- Pension 3%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days’ holiday
- 50% discount at ASK Italian & Zizzi and 25% at Coco di Mama
- Office based