Purpose of the Role:
The Azzurri Group is a market lead in the Italian casual dining sector, operating ASK Italian, Zizzi, Coco Di Mama and Radio Alice. The Group employs nearly 7,000 people and puts people at the heart of everything that they do.
There are 3 people in the payroll team; the Payroll Manager, Payroll Officer and a Payroll Assistant. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Officer will process multiple payrolls across all Azzurri brands, in the UK and Ireland.
Ensuring compliance with employment, taxation and pensions legislations and that reporting deadlines are continually met. Work closely with stakeholders and providing payroll data and analysis to the wider finance team for monthly reports, as well as ad hoc projects as required.
Scope of the Role:
The Payroll Officer takes responsibility for processing payroll; ensuring that the payroll bureaus have all the information which they need, the reports are sent to the operational teams and the relevant approvals have been made before payment is made within the agreed timescales and pay dates.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Process multiple payrolls, 4 weekly & monthly across the group’s brands in the UK and Ireland.
- Act as deputy to the Payroll manager.
- Check information is correct for payroll processing.
- Serve as a contact for payroll queries – providing advice and guidance in respect of payroll and procedures. Work closely with HR and management accountants in this regard.
- Delivery to agreed timescales, including Payments of Payroll Disbursements to third parties and salaries to employees on agreed pay dates.
- Ensures that Payrolls are appropriately approved.
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC and other Statutory Legislation with regards to Payroll including Taxable Benefits.
- Assist in training the Payroll Assistant.
- Ensure pension administration and payments (for NEST) are processed accurately and on time.
Experience skills and Behaviours
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Experience using a payroll system like Fourth Hospitality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisation skills
- An understanding of relevant payroll and tax legislation
- Excel knowledge